Caring For Aging Parents
Your parents, or other aging family members, are no longer independent. Now you have the responsibility of being their caregiver and you're faced with all new questions and the challenges of their everyday needs. If you are seeking assistance with caring for your aging parents, we can help.
Coordinating their medical activities has become your job. Sometimes, home modifications are needed. Supplies and equipment must be acquired and numerous doctors' appointments must be attended. The practical decisions and tasks you face can seem overwhelming.
Despite all your efforts, your parents may still find themselves on their own when it comes to living with acute or chronic illnesses. Parents want their children to be caring rather than being the ones providing care. That's where Qualicare Southern Vancouver Island comes in.
Many adult children of seniors live in different cities or simply may not be as available as needed. They recognize the need and value of comprehensive, professional health care assistance.
We work to provide individualized and specialized health care solutions to help seniors maintain their optimum level of emotional and physical health. Our Nurses, Caregivers and Case Managers stand by your side, coordinating the appropriate complement of home care services to help you care for your aging parents.
Families who want to help their aging parents maintain independent lifestyles in their homes, or who need their care managed or monitored, use these Qualicare Southern Vancouver Island services:
- Geriatric Care Management
- Companionship and light housekeeping
- Accompaniment to Doctors' appointments
- Management of daily activities
- 24 hr Nurse monitored support
When it comes to comprehensive care for aging parents:
- We provide all levels of service, addressing both physical and emotional needs.
- Doctors rely on us to extend their reach of care
- Children of aging parents rely on us to guide, assist, and intervene on their behalf.
- Qualicare Southern Vancouver Island can be the single point of contact - coordinating home care, health care, and managing daily activities.
- A personalized home healthcare plan is created for each patient.
- An experienced Nurse manages each case, prioritizing continuity of care and undiluted personal attention.
- A Case Manager is on-call 24/7 for monitoring and support.